If you refer to this post, you’ll see that one of my objectives for this year was to develop an Alexa app for my kids. Well, I am happy to report this objective as completed. The cover art and the image below show the high level architecture. The app idea actually started based on something I was doing for my kids that they really took a liking to. Unfortunately, for this post it might be an idea that I could actually publish and potentially monetize.
Everyone needs to do some housekeeping at different points, and I figured it was time I did some a basic security sweep of my setup. To get started, I performed a quick packet capture on the very server that hosts this blog. I decided to give one of CloudShark‘s newer and more distinct features a spin with my recently created account; their Threat Assessment tool. I thought it would be interesting to pit this against PacketTotal as well.