Share Wireshark Profiles
As mentioned in this post, Wireshark is easy to customize and even provides the ability to share custom profiles. Just about everything that can be modified can be shared. I outlined several of those items in the linked post. Wireshark uses files to store the config items located in a couple of key places. The ones I have shared below are all contained in the “Personal configuration” directory. To get sharing right away follow these steps:
- Open the “Help” menu
- Click the “About Wireshark” option
- Select the “Folders” tab
[<img class="size-full wp-image-5656 alignnone" src="/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2018/04/About-Wireshark.png" alt="" width="621" height="333" />]
- Find the folder that contains the file(s) you want to change
- Copy or share that folder
- Place the respective folder(s) or file(s) into the same directory on the other install
- The next time you open Wireshark you’ll have access to the new profiles
- Here is my go to profile
- This is a link to the rest of my profiles. These are a work in progress with some more complete than others.
- A link to more shared profiles.
To also learn how to synchronize your profiles, see this post!