As mentioned in this post, Wireshark is easy to customize and even provides the ability to share custom profiles. Just about everything that can be modified can be shared. I outlined several of those items in the linked post. Wireshark uses files to store the config items located in a couple of key places. The ones I have shared below are all contained in the “Personal configuration” directory. To get sharing right away follow these steps:
- Open the “Help” menu
- Click the “About Wireshark” option
- Select the “Folders” tab
- Find the folder that contains the file(s) you want to change
- Copy or share that folder
- Place the respective folder(s) or file(s) into the same directory on the other install
- The next time you open Wireshark you’ll have access to the new profiles
- Here is my go to profile
- This is a link to the rest of my profiles. These are a work in progress with some more complete than others.
To also learn how to synchronize your profiles, see this post!